cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

All green but no upload file

mtran21
New Contributor III

I am doing a very simple pipeline that read one single file, then PGP encrypt it then SFTP to a remote server. When I execute the pipeline, I got all green but the file never got transmitted to the server.

Why? any hint?

12 REPLIES 12

koryknick
Employee
Employee

If you are doing this in data preview mode you will want to check to make sure that the file writer is set to validate and execute

del
Contributor III

@mtran21, here are 2 hints, based on my experience:

1. โ€œall greenโ€ doesnโ€™t necessarily mean your pipeline read or transmitted a file. Different snap configurations (error handling config, etc.) have different behaviors. Youโ€™ll need to check your image Pipeline statistics to see if a file was actually read and processed downstream in the pipeline.

2. Some SFTP servers immediately move a file for processing after receiving it in the inbox. So, depending on the target SFTP server configuration, just because you donโ€™t see the file in the inbox after you attempted to transmit it, doesnโ€™t mean it wasnโ€™t delivered. If the delivery was to an outside party system, you need to work with that party to see if they received it.

mtran21
New Contributor III

On my Pipeline statistics, it shows all green. It even shows one file has been process.

But when I check SFTP server, the file is not there.

This SFTP server does not remove file. I can manually upload the file to the SFTP server just fine and the file I manually uploaded is still there.

Supratim
Contributor III

@mtran21 Can add output view of file writer and run the pipeline. If itโ€™s working fine then can see one document count should comes from output view of file writer.