cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Amazon S3 account

rnadgir001
New Contributor

Created a binary account of type AWS S3 and entered a label, access key id and secret key during this time
( it did not prompt me for user id )
It validated succesfully
When i tried to use it in a directory browser and provided the account and then the following path
alteryx-quarterly-data
( it show up in cloudberry explorer for amazon as > root > alteryx-quarterly-data)
I also tried root/alteryx-quarterly-data and also simply root)

it failed for all the above with similar messages
Failure: aws_s3 cannot be applied to root/, Reason: aws_s3 cannot be applied to root/, Resolution: Please use an AWS S3 account for the S3 scheme.

4 REPLIES 4

aleung
Contributor III

As suggested in the documentation for configuring S3, you need to use the following pattern:

s3:///mybucket/testFolder

rajendraj
New Contributor II

we encountered similar error. S3 pattern is as specified. It worked well in QA but when deployed into Prod, is giving us this error. Any insights is highly appreciated.

@rajendraj would you be able to share your account properties, snap settings and error message please?

rajendraj
New Contributor II

I was able to identify the error.
The pipeline had S3 parameters until the csv formatter step and while writing the file to S3, it was giving the error. I had to once again enter the S3 location values in the File Writer snap and things started working.