cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone got a SOAP Execute against a Workday Tenant Working?

AdrianH
New Contributor II

Any help much appreciated in this regard in terms of sample envelopes you can share or validated WSDL, currently using v28.1 which doesn’t validate in XMLSpy although it seems to work with SOAPUI

Yours,

Adrian

22 REPLIES 22

nganapathiraju
Former Employee

Does it not validate in Soap Execute snap?

AdrianH
New Contributor II

Not sure I follow, the snap passes validation but fails during execution.

Which API are you referring to any particular?

del
Contributor III

Adrian, I’ve used the Soap Execute successfully with Workday in several pipelines. I would have several questions or clarifications to help troubleshoot. To start:

• Are you using the tenant-provided WSDL or the generic WSDL from the API documentation?
  • Are you able to submit and get a valid response from the tenant using SoapUI?
  • Are you using the WSSE account type and is it set up correctly?
  • What is the web service/operation you’re attempting and do you have security for the web service and/or BP set up correctly in Workday?
  • What is the error you are getting? And do you get it if you have ‘Execute during preview’ checked on the snap? If no error, are you getting a valid response from the validation?

Here is a sample SOAP request for the Get_References operation of the Integrations web service. This should return all time zones from your tenant:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv=“http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/” xmlns:bsvc=“urn:com.workday/bsvc”>
<soapenv:Header />
<soapenv:Body>
<bsvc:Get_References_Request bsvc:version=“v28.1”>
<bsvc:Request_Criteria>
<bsvc:Reference_ID_Type>Time_Zone_ID</bsvc:Reference_ID_Type>
<bsvc:Include_Defaulted_Values_Only>0</bsvc:Include_Defaulted_Values_Only>
</bsvc:Request_Criteria>
</bsvc:Get_References_Request>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>