cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box Write - Retrieving the resulting File ID

jposey
New Contributor II

I’m working on developing a pipeline to upload documents to a Box repository. In addition to uploading the documents, I also need to associate metadata within Box. I have been able to accomplish the uploading of documents easily using the Box Write snap. Since metadata updates are not possible through the Box Snaps, I am planning to use the Rest API snap to call the Box API and update the file’s metadata.

Question: how can I get the Box File ID of the file that I upload in the Box Write snap in order to use it in the API call?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Within SnapLogic, you can use the Box Directory Browser Snap to return the contents, which includes the File ID:
16 AM

Diane Miller
Community Manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

There is probably a better way, but if you log into Box and mouse over the file, the File ID shows up in the status bar at the bottom.

45 AM

Diane Miller
Community Manager

jposey
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response. My issue is that I need the ID of the file that I have just uploaded via the same Pipeline, therefore I cannot gather the file id manually from the Box site.

Within SnapLogic, you can use the Box Directory Browser Snap to return the contents, which includes the File ID:
16 AM

Diane Miller
Community Manager