cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Creating users in Active Directory

vish
Former Employee

Here are a couple of screenshots that show how you can connect with an Active Directory instance and create a new user.
You will require an Active Directory account that is configured as follows:
e729d1708c915d4c2ebe69793bdf037375985ae0.png

The second snap that would be required is the Create AD Entry snap that allows you to create an entry in a particular DN and select the attributes that need to be set up at a bare minimum. Additional attribute keys can be selected to be populated by clicking on the selection bubble and entering static values or from an input view connected to an upstream snap.

0f9187a8625a8dc015686d756691d0d25e9d2e53.png

6 REPLIES 6

Rod
New Contributor

Hi Vish

We are creating a new user object successfully but are having an issue with giving this new account a password. Can you shed any light on how to do this?

vish
Former Employee

Hi @Rod, It has been a long time since I looked at this ๐Ÿ™‚ I donโ€™t remember exactly but I think Iโ€™ve always used useraccountcontrol 544 to force a password change on 1st login. Iโ€™d suggest starting here: New-ADUser | Microsoft Docs and make sure you are setting the right attributes like useraccountpassword and also ensure you have the right user account control value (list of values here: All Codes (by Rajnish Bhatia): Active Directory userAccountControl Values)

tae_kim
New Contributor

Iโ€™m attempting to create user with a password as well but the userPassword field doesnโ€™t seem to populate into it. Is userPassword not something that is accepted as a key attribute in the Active Directory snap in? It doesnโ€™t give me an error when passing values in that attribute, but it doesnโ€™t actually set any password. I assume the underlying connection is ldap calls and not using any dot net.

Also Iโ€™m trying to find out how to pass in multiple array values.

Also lastly, i want to get the object guid back, but it seems the snap-in pre-interprets the value by decoding with base 64 but provides it as a string (which is unusable) vs the byte array or even better decoded to bytes and properly providing the guid as the string value

Rudradip
New Contributor II

Hi @tae.kim and @Rod were you able to solve the issue ? My use case is actually same : userpassword needs to be set and user needs to be forced to change it at the time of first login?