cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Snap Pack versioning is broken?

rpatrick00
Contributor

I have a custom snappack (version = 1, sl_build = 42) deployed in my organization’s shared folder that is in used by multiple projects. I have developed a completely rewritten version of the snappack (version = 2, sl_build = 1) that I have deployed in my personal project (projects/Robert Patrick).

I created a brand new pipeline (also in my personal project space) after deploying the new version of the snappack. Unfortunately, the pipeline is using the version 1 snap instead of the version 2 snap. What am I doing wrong? How do I build a pipeline that uses the version 2 snap?

22 REPLIES 22

sprasad
Employee
Employee

organization’s shared folder is Project space’s / shared or project / shared ?

Can you provide some screenshot’s ?

maneeshrapelly
Employee
Employee

@rpatrick00 when you referred as organization’s shared folder, is it global shared (shared) folder or projects/shared folder ?

I am not sure why there is so much confusion with my terminology but when I say each of the following terms, here is how they map to the asset path

• “organization’s shared folder” (aka. the “global” shared folder) => /<myorg>/shared
  • “my project folder” => /<myorg>/projects/Robert Patrick

While this is not relevant to this particular issue:

• “my project space’s shared folder” => /<myorg>/<my-project-space>/shared

Hopefully this clears up any confusion regarding my terminology.

rpatrick00
Contributor

Just to make sure we are focusing on the right issue, everything works fine as long as all of the different “versions” of the custom snap pack use the same VERSION number (in pom.xml, src/config/directives, and the snap’s @Version annotation).

Given that “built-in” snap pack versions are chosen at the global level (Manager => Snap Packs), my suspicion is that SnapLogic does not support versioning of custom snap packs where the version number itself is different.