cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Issue in Pipeline Parameter

amit_saroha
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I have a requirement to pass date in YYYY-MM-DD format and I am using the expression “Date.now().toLocaleDateString()” but I have the below issue.

When I use it in pipeline parameter “Effective_Date” then use _Effective_Date in the pipeline it fails but when I use it directly it works. When I pass something hardcoded in the pipeline parameter it also works e.g. 2022-01-01

Could you suggest what is happening here and what is needed to get it fixed?

Below is not working

Below is working

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When you need to run the pipeline with earlier dates, is it going to be a manual configuration and run?

You can simply configure the BatchParameterD1 like this:

_Effective_Date == "" ? Date.now().toLocaleDateString() : _Effective_Date

That way, if the parameter is not empty, it will be taken into consideration, if it is, than the current date will be generated.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

amit_saroha
New Contributor III

Can anyone suggest, please?

amit_saroha
New Contributor III

Hi, can anyone suggest me a workaround, please?

Hi @amit.saroha,

The values that are passed from parameters, are always a string. So in your case, you’re not passing a function, but a string.

In order your pipeline to work is, either leave the BatchParameter to get the date directly from the pipeline execute like shown on the picture above, or, use the eval() function with the parameter.

eval(_Effective_Date)

That way your function passed like a parameter, will be evaluated and considered as a function.

Hope this helps,
Bojan

Thanks @bojanvelevski - It works but when I pass 2022-11-20 in same parameter instead of expression the eval (Effective_Date) returns 1991 but I need it as it is 2022-11-20.

Please suggest if there is a way to do it, I want both the options working.