cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discard all documents in pipeline

dwhansen-cbg
Contributor

At the very end of a pipeline I would like to update a single row in a logging table. I’m going to do that in an Execute Task snap, but the problem I’m having is that it wants to run the child snap 20k times instead of simply running a single update statement. Is it possible to clear all documents from a flow or to go from 20k documents to a single document in a single snap?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cjhoward18
Employee
Employee

@dwhansen-cbg

Just added in this February release is the ‘Gate’ snap, part of the flow snap pack. This snap will wait for all upstream snaps to finish, meanwhile it will collect all the input docs into a single document, and will eventually send the single document downstream once all upstream snaps have finished.

Here is a link to the documentation for this new snap:
https://docs-snaplogic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/918487380/Gate

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

cjhoward18
Employee
Employee

@dwhansen-cbg

Just added in this February release is the ‘Gate’ snap, part of the flow snap pack. This snap will wait for all upstream snaps to finish, meanwhile it will collect all the input docs into a single document, and will eventually send the single document downstream once all upstream snaps have finished.

Here is a link to the documentation for this new snap:
https://docs-snaplogic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/918487380/Gate

dwhansen-cbg
Contributor

Yes! This is exactly what I need! When does the February release come out?

It is already out as of February 8th. Just make sure your snap plex is upgraded to the new release, which if it is not would prevent the the most up recent snap packs to appear, and once done you should see the Gate snap in the flow snap pack.

dwhansen-cbg
Contributor

Probably a question for support more than you, but we’re using CloudPlex and I’m not seeing that snap in the list of flow snaps. Anything I can do to verify we’re on the latest and greatest?