cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Does Snaplogic support writing Grid format headers for Excel Binary Spreadsheet(.xslb files)?

RakeshKumar1
New Contributor

Hello Team,

I have requirement of writing excel binary spreadsheet .xslb extension type.

Used Excel formatter snap followed by file writer and able to write the .xslb file ,
But how do i apply Grid format for Excel table headers for filters on each column ?

Is there any way in Snaplogic to write .xslb files with grid on table columns(the drop down list in screenshot for headers) , Please suggest ?
grid
Example of grid Excel file is attached, where we can do filtertation, sort etc on each column.

Thanks,
Rakesh

9 REPLIES 9

RakeshKumar1
New Contributor

Correction - The extension type of file is .xlsb (not .xslb) which i am trying to write, Please suggest if .xlsb extension is supported by Excel formatter and file writer snaps or any other workaround.

Thanks!

RakeshKumar1
New Contributor

Hello Team,
Please let me know if this possible ?
With xlsx the file size is becoming big which will block us from sending mail as attachment so want to make it .xlsb.
File is getting corrupted if i am using file extension xlsb.

Thanks!

@RakeshKumar1

Example of grid Excel file is attached, where we can do filtertation, sort etc on each column.

Do you have that example? I didnโ€™t see an attachment

RakeshKumar1
New Contributor

Hi Robin,
Hope you are doing great! Attached is the pipe slp.

The contettype of excel formatter in pipe says โ€œapplication/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheetโ€, which is content type for xlsx.

.xlsb contenttype will be โ€œapplication/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.binary.macroEnabled.12โ€.
I donโ€™t find any option to define mimetype in formater snap so i used the extension in file writer directly as Test.xlsb. I can see file in sldb but on downloading it is converting it to .xlsx
xlsbTest_2022_02_14.slp (9.4 KB)
TestXLSBIn.xlsx (10.2 KB)

With File Reader snap followed by excel parser i tried reading TestXLSBIn.xlsb file but the parser snap failed to parse data. I am unable to attatch .xlsb here but please convert attached xlsx into xlsb as below by save as โ€˜Excel Binary Bookโ€™

Any help on how do we read or write xlsb.

Thanks,
Rakesh