cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Pipeline

pranil2k2
Contributor

Hi,
I am new to SnapLogic. i need help on how to pass the snap error code values (error reason, error resolution, etc) to the error pipeline from parent. In document i am able to see only one value i.e. “value_from_parent”. so that i will save the error results in an excel in error pipeline. please someone can help me.

6 REPLIES 6

kchaitanya
Employee
Employee

Hi Pranil,

Are you trying to pass the eror reason, error and resolutions as parameters to the error pipeline from the parent?
The document that caused the error will be passed directly to the child pipeline and need not be passed as parameters, the passed document contains the error reason, error resolution, etc, which you can then parse and write to an excel sheet in the error pipeline itself.

Thanks,
Chaitanya.

Hi Chaitanya,

Thanks for the reply. In error pipeline, how to refer the error reason variables/parameters? in error pipeline, i am using Mapper and not able to find the snap error/ error variables. Please can you give me an example for reference.

Hi Pranil,

you can reference to the details you need by using the $ in the mapper in the error pipeline like below screeshot:
Screenshot%20from%202019-11-25%2015-12-12

Below is a sample pipeline:
errpipe_2019_11_25.slp (2.2 KB) errchild_2019_11_25.slp (5.2 KB)

pranil2k2
Contributor

Hi Chaitanya,

Thanks for the example. it works straight away.
For reference, from where we can get this list of error variables, which u have listed 4 of them.

Thanks again.