cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global or Public variable

kpatnala
New Contributor

Hello,

I have a requirement of sharing a value in captured in one Snap to the other Snap but not
to an immediate following Snap.

Ex: Rest GET Snap (getting token)–> Mapper → …other SQL snaps … —> REST PUT snap (I need token here to call PUT)

How to share/pass a token variable that I get in first GET Snap to the last PUT snap?

Thanks,
Kiran

2 REPLIES 2

dimitri_hristov
Contributor

Hi @kpatnala,

You could try and place a Copy Snap after the snap where you get the token you wish to pass forward. Then you can connect one of the outputs of the Copy Snap to the Mapper that would normally be after the Rest GET Snap, according to your example. The other output of the Copy Snap you should connect to one of the inputs of a Join Snap that you will place before the REST PUT Snap (where you need to use the token). In the Join Snap’s Settings, you may choose Inner as a Join Type. Then, in the Join Paths section write “true” in the Left Path and Right Path fields. The other input of the Join Snap you should connect to the output of the last snap that you would place before the REST PUT Snap (where you need the token), were it not for the Join Snap that we are adding to solve the requirement.
In the output of the Join Snap you should have the required token for the REST PUT Snap.

Please tell me if you need further help, and if you wish I can provide you with a sample pipeline should you have problems with my description.

BR,
Dimitri

Thank you @dimitri.hristovski
Yes I had solved this using copy and join snaps. Thanks for you reply.