cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you use the Reltio Read (crosswalk) snap for relations?

stephenknilans
Contributor

I need to be able to get an OrgToInd relation, preferably by type(source and relation) and by value, though. I have tried several values and types, and haven’t been able to get it to work. The “example” pipelines all seem to be missing the very key part that I need, and all seem to be for regular entities rather than relations… The same snap works fine for crosswalks, set to entities.

The closest I got gave me errors of:

{error:The bulk execute request failed with status code: 500 and access token: 62019bd0-079c-4e3b-95d7-b41d87d988fe ., stacktrace:com.snaplogic.snap.api.SnapDataException: The bulk...} 

“error”: “The bulk execute request failed with status code: 500 and access token: 62019bd0-079c-4e3b-95d7-b41d87d988fe .”
“stacktrace”: “com.snaplogic.snap.api.SnapDataException: The bulk execute request failed with status code: 500 and access token: 62019bd0-079c-4e3b-95d7-b41d87d988fe .\n at com.snaplogic.snaps.reltiosnapconnector.util.ReltioBatchCommon$ThreadBatch.createAndExecuteRequest(ReltioBatchCommon.java:232)\n at com.snaplogic.snaps.reltiosnapconnector.util.ReltioBatchCommon$ThreadBatch.run(ReltioBatchCommon.java:194)\n at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)\n at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)\n at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)\n”
“reason”: “Unsupported request. Request method ‘POST’ not supported, errorCode: 2003”
“resolution”: “Please check your request and try again.”
“status_code”: “error”
“snap_details”: {label:Get by Crosswalk, instance_id:d5afdd11-f333-4ad3-ba28-4d6dd443cc95, class_id:com-snaplogic-snaps-reltiosnapconnector-reltiogetbycrosswalk, build_tag:reltiosnapconnector6773,…}
“original”: {value:0043566300129, type:OrgToInd}

4 REPLIES 4

mthirani
Employee
Employee

As you mentioned, “the same snap works fine for crosswalks, set to entities.” which means you can able to fetch data for entity and that is the current behavior supported by snap.
As far I remember, Reltio supports fetching of entity /entities by crosswalk, not for relations.
Refer to https://help.reltio.com/index.html#relationsapi/dataapirelations.html for APIs for Relations which seems there is no API support for “Get Relations by Crosswalk”
While if you look at Entities section https://help.reltio.com/index.html#entitiesapi/entities.html , there is an API for same " Get Several Entities by List of Crosswalks" :
https://help.reltio.com/index.html#entitiesapi/getentitybycrosswalklist.html

You need to have Reltio Read (Object) snap for getting the relation where you do not need the crosswalk to search for.

stephenknilans
Contributor

The problem is that there is no crosswalk selection, only ENTITIES and RELATIONS. I can get a normal crosswalk via entities, and relations gives me that error. So it seems it doesn’t work for relations. So I was using hops, and reducing it down, but with the specs they have that causes a lot of problems.

For crosswalk snap, It won’t work for relations as Reltio does not support it. Current is only supported for entities.

That’s unfortunate. I had a backup plan, so I used that. I used the reltio _hops api(which gives all objects referring to, or referred by the object you have, and worked it down to the object I was looking for. It works, and is fine here, but a more direct and shorter route would have been better.

Still, thanks for confirming.