cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit a name of a project space

tam_le
New Contributor

I can’t seem to edit the name of a project space once it’s created. Is this functionality not available to admins or am I overlooking it?

5 REPLIES 5

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

You cannot do so at this time, but it was recently requested by another customer.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

tam_le
New Contributor

Can Support change the name for the customer?

Tam Oclassen
DaVita, Inc. | Denver, CO
O: (303) 876-6444 | M: (303) 564-8356
WebExhttps://davita.webex.com/join/TALE

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

While it’s possible for Support to rename a Project Space for you, it is not recommended, particularly in a production environment. It would not automatically update references for the assets within that project space, so you would need to manually verify and update all pipelines.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

del
Contributor III

Hi @tam.le, I think I’m the “another customer” that @dmiller is referring to. I opened a request ticket 6 months ago but tagged it as low priority since there is a workaround - which is to create a new project space and move projects and assets to that space. (BTW @dmiller, the workaround is a step or several more LOE than simply renaming the project space and adjusting the asset references, so please pass along @tam.le 's request to maybe bump priority).

In any case, I started a draft Best Practices document for moving projects between project spaces as I ran into certain issues with accounts and sub-pipelines. It may not cover all cases, but if anyone is interested, I can share.