cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to Get the previous 2 snap's snap label and snap instance id

sjakathi
New Contributor II

Hi All,

How to get the 2 previous snap label and snap instance id .

7 REPLIES 7

bojanvelevski
Valued Contributor

Hello @sjakathi,

You can use the Snaplogic Read snap. Set the Asset Type to Pipeline, and in Asset Path enter the full path to your pipeline (Organization/ProjectSpace/Project/Pipeline). Like that, you can get complete info on any of the snaps in your pipeline. Please note that your incoming data will be placed in original.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Bojan Velevski

tlikarish
Employee
Employee

Could you share more about your use case? How do you use that information in the child pipeline?

sjakathi
New Contributor II

@tlikarish i have a parent pipe line which which will browse the sftp location and send this information to the child pipe line. Child pipe line will read the file and generates the XML and sends this XML to other system using the rest post snap. So if rest post snap fails then i want snap label and snap instance id of the rest post snap. I will send this information to the global error handler pipe line. Global error pipe line will send this information in an email.

Would adding a Mapper with pass through selected work for you? Youโ€™d add the audit information like this where the Snap label is manually set. The snap.instanceId refers to the mapper, but you could easily find the upstream snap from there. The pipe.ruuid may also be useful to include and you could even pass on a uri to include that could link back to the pipe execution for debugging.