cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass json parameters in mapper form postman or snaplogic URL's for Oracle stored procedure

virender
New Contributor

Hello Team,

Description of pipeline:

• I have created a sample pipeline to execute “Oracle stored procedure” which ha 2 input variables and 1 output variable. Procedure is working fine manually and even from snaps.

Flow of pipeline 🙂

mapper → oracle stored procedure snap → email sender.

In mapper I am passing hardcoded values which are passing in Oracle proc and working fine.

Issue -
1- Not sure how to pass json inputs from outside (postman or URL) in pipeline to mapper snap.
2- What should be the input expression in mapper input to get the input variables from json from outside.

Thanks,
Virender.
+91 9873060030

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Have you defined Pipeline Parameters?

If so This is the Correct approach.
If you havent defined parameters. Go to Edit Pipeline and define them with the names you are using.
LAST_NAME and FIRST_NAME

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

virender
New Contributor

Can someone take a look please.

We might need a bit more information on what you want to pass in and from where.
For example, to get information from a URL may require a REST Get before the Mapper.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

Through REST Post I am passing below using postman tool:

{
“FIRST_NAME”:“Virender”,
“LAST_NAME”:“Rana”
}

Postman setting:
Key Value

Accept application/json
Authorization Bearer xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
content-type application/json.

In mapper input variables I have given two parameters as below:
$FIRST_NAME
$LAST_NAME

Feel free to ask more information if any.

Thanks,

You can pass the input from REST or post-man to pipeline as pipeline parameters from query string.

say for example,
The pipeline is calling from any url like,
www.yoururl/?firstName = Virender&lastName = Rana

Note this parameter from url and pipeline parameter should be same i.e.case sensitive.