cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove Escape character while file writing CSV formatter

Akhil
New Contributor

I am trying to write a file with custom header separated by semi-colon (reading header from expression library as string)followed by data.
While writing using CSV formatter escape character ‘\’ is getting added as prefix for ‘;’.

Please suggest how i can remove this ‘\’

5 REPLIES 5

Supratim
Contributor III

@Akhil try below config-

Below is data preview

Akhil
New Contributor

Thanks Supratim for your reply, but as per my requirement the value should not be in quote and write CSV header will be disabled

Supratim
Contributor III

Then remove quotation from quote character.

Thanks,
Supratim
(+91)923-263-3466

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.

Akhil
New Contributor

I am reading header details from expr file as below
header:“header1;header2;header3”
since my delimiter is ; CSV formatter is prefixing escape character() to my header ‘;’

If i am replacing with(,) it to header:“header1,header2,header3” its working as expected but my business requirement is to have delimiter as ;