cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search and replace in a csv file

swright
New Contributor III

I’m trying to design a pipeline that changes gets a zip file via sftp that contains a single csv file, then do a search and replace in the csv (in this case it is replacing all the values in a single column with another value), then put the csv back in the zip file.

I’m not sure how to best do this. I can get the csv unzipped using a ZipFile Read snap. Then I use a csv parser snap, but now I need to do a search and replace for the value. How should I do this?

Basically, I need to know how to search and replace in a csv file. In this case I need to search and replace in a column but I also need to know how to do a general search and replace.

Thanks,
Scott

4 REPLIES 4

del
Contributor III

Check out the String functions replace and replaceAll

swright
New Contributor III

Thanks Del, but I’m looking for something that will find and replace something in the entire file. If I can break the file into strings, do a replace, and then put the csv back together then I guess that could work but I’m not sure how to address all the rows and fields that I need in the csv. Maybe I’m misunderstanding your answer…

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Good day, what I usually do is to use the replace function with regex args… for example I want to replace a group of characters within the boundaries of c-f and length is greater than 3 with <<SUCCESS>>

in the mapper where you can access the whole content do the a string manipulation Base64.decode(Base64.encode($['content'])).replace(/([c-f]){3,}/gi,'<<SUCCESS>>')

skatpally
Former Employee

Try the below Expression.

$.mapValues((value, key) => value.toString().contains(‘img’) ? value.replaceAll(‘img’,‘’) : value)

Hope this helps.