cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the execution user

kmiesse
Contributor

I am deploying projects to QA and developer stacks so that they can have their own copies of projects for testing and developing. I’m using the SnapLogic metadata snaps to delete and create pipelines and tasks. I need the executions of these pipelines to show up under the quality analyst’s or developer’s user email address so that they can view and control their executions in Dashboard under the My Executions “Show only:” filter. I have been changing every email address in the input document for creating tasks and pipelines (owner, updated_by, create_user_id, etc.) with these metadata snaps and I have changed the owner in the project’s permission. But with every attempt the Username in Dashboard is still my email address and not the email address of the user the tasks or pipelines were created with or the owner of the project. How can these tasks, pipelines or projects be configured so that their executions appear under a specific user when that user is viewing My Executions in Dashboard?

10 REPLIES 10

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

There is currently no public API for changing the owner of an asset. You can file an enhancement request through Support if this is something you feel you need.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

Thank you.

1. Can you tell me what changing the owner of a project changes if it doesn’t change the Username in Dashboard?
  2. When using the SnapLogic Metadata snaps to create assets will the owner always be the owner of the asset being copied and will changing the owner on the input document not be effective?
  3. Also, can you tell me where the Username on an execution in Dashboard comes from? Maybe I can back into with that information.

1. Project ownership controls who can grant access to the project. Assets within the project are owned by whoever created them, which can be anyone having write access to the project.
  2. Assets created with Metadata snap are created under the ownership of the user who ran the pipeline.
  3. Dashboard shows the user account under which the pipeline ran. Scheduled and triggered task executions show as the user who created the task.

Thanks for the info. Its concerning that the creator of the task always shows as the executor. This is not an accurate audit trail so I will submit an enhancement request. Is there anyway to tell who actually executed a triggered task, like in a log in Manager or through the Pipeline Monitoring API?