cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How would I use Python scripts to transform data from CSVs or Oracle?

ariana
New Contributor

Hi all,

I need to transform data in ways that I would typically use pandas or a similar package for. It is manipulation of the data itself with joins, transformations, etc. It would be nice to be able to bring in the data directly from Oracle, join what I need, run a script for most of the transformations in Python, map, and then insert into a new table.

Running a script is where I struggle. Are there any examples of how I would go about incorporating the transformation with a Script snap? I have read up on the Remote Python Executor but Iโ€™m not sure if that is an option for our business (I do not see it in designer).

In Python I would simply write a script that pulls in the data, does the transformation, and exports, but we want to use SnapLogic to automate the process. How do I incorporate it and how would I start off the script to read in my data post-join (or wherever I leave it off in the prior snap)? What snap is typically used before a script, if that matters? Any advice on doing this or resources would be much appreciated. I am new to ETL tools so this is a big jump from writing POCs in Python for me!

Cheers!

0 REPLIES 0