cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is there way to create global variable?

pratiksha_patil
New Contributor II

Hi,

I want to create a global variable so that the same value is accessible anywhere in the pipeline.
In my case I get token from api and I need to pass same token to child pipeline which are executed sequentially.Below is screenshot of pipeline which shows child pipeline execution

Thanks,
Pratiksha

8 REPLIES 8

christwr
Contributor III

Unfortunately no such thing as global variables.

There are a few ways to accomplish what I think youโ€™re looking for though:

• You could have your value as a pipeline parameter. Have a first pipeline that gets your token, and then executes a second pipeline, passing the token as a pipeline parameter. Then that second pipeline will have access to the parameter (like a global variable) for all of his steps (calling other pipelines, etc.)

• You can keep passing the token along from snap to snap. In your example, the pipeline execute snaps should have output documents with an โ€œoriginalโ€ array containing the data that was passed in to the snap. if your token was part of that, you should be able to use a mapper to put the value back where you want it for the next downstream snaps, etc.

chmurray88
New Contributor II

@dmiller - Are global variables supported yet? If not, do you know when they will be supported? We have lots of use cases for this.

Thanks!

Chris

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

@chmurray88 This has not been implemented. Product Management would need to decide if this is to be implemented.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

chmurray88
New Contributor II

Thanks @dmiller for the follow up.

Iโ€™d imagine several customers could use a global variable option. Most modern day DE tools have this option.

If you could pass along the feedback, it would be much appreciated!

Chris