cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep UI from re-orienting snaps?

cdmills
New Contributor II

Is there some setting that will keep the UI from changing the orientation of a snap as it’s dragged on the surface? It is incredibly annoying that it does that.

4 REPLIES 4

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

I have sent this to Product Management as an enhancement.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

As far as I’ve seen, the orientation changes as per the available space on the canvas.
If there are multiple snaps on the canvas and we are trying to add another snap, it will automatically change the orientation to adjust itself in the provided space (personally, I loved this functionality).

Reason being, I was zoomed in and was trying to add a snap which changed the orientation so I was baffled on why would it do that? Little did I know that time that I already had multiple snaps on the canvas which I was overlooking, this helped me delete those additional disabled snaps and get rid of some enabled snaps as well which improved performance.

koryknick
Employee
Employee

The snaps will orient themselves for a few reasons. Generally, they orient in the direction you are pulling them. So if you drag them from left to right, the input view is on the left and output view is on the right. They may also try to automatically reorient to enable connection with a nearby open snap.

I generally like to have my pipelines “read” from left to right so I typically try to orient all my snaps that way. If you don’t like the orientation of a snap, just disconnect it from any other snaps and “drag” it in the general direction you want to get it oriented the way you want it. This may require that you drag it past the point you want to connect and back to the snap you want it connected to.
Reorient snap

cdmills
New Contributor II

This may require that you drag it past the point you want to connect and back to the snap you want it connected to.

This is precisely what I would like to avoid doing. I generally have mine reading left-to-right as well, and I’d like them to stay that way by default.