cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kubernetes for snaplogic - custom metrics not working

Igor_Bozhinovsk
New Contributor III

Hi i have been following the tutorial from the Snaplogic documentation https://docs-snaplogic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/2017558845/How+to+Deploy+a+Groundplex+in+K... about deploying Groundplex in Kubernetes.

When i deploy the prometheus adapter and check the custom metrics api with this command
(kubectl get --raw /apis/custom.metrics.k8s.io/v1beta1 | jq . ), I am getting empty response - resources field is not populated with values. I have also attached the response from the api i am supposed to get , and the one that i am getting.

ResponseSupposed
ResponseGetting

Any help on why i am getting empty resources field without any values would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

mbowen
Employee
Employee

Hi @Igor_Bozhinovski

I reached out to our Kubernetes team. They have some questions:

• Is cluster enabled on the Snaplex manager Nodes tab? (enable_k8s_auto_scaling)

• Could you share your kube-prometheus-stackโ€™s custom_values.yaml and prometheus-adapterโ€™s custom_values.yaml files ? (please mask any sensitive data in these files)

• What cloud provider are you using? AWS EKS?

Another route is to create a support ticket where youโ€™ll probably feel more comfortable sharing your configuration. However, maybe we can solve this with just a little more information. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi @mbowen,

The cluster is enabled on the Snaplex manager Nodes tab:

enablek8autoscaling

Here is the file for the prometheus-kube-stack iโ€™ve attached it as txt because i wasnโ€™t able to attach as yaml file, i am using same values from the documentation:

custom_values.txt (1.4 KB)

Here is the file for the prometheus-adapter attached as txt, i am also using the same values from the documentation:

adapter_custom_values.txt (583 Bytes)

Additionally as cloud provider i am using Azure , AKS cluster.

My colleague also has the same problem , is using AWS EKS as cloud provider and the custom metrics arenโ€™t appearing also.

Additionally the Snaplogic chart for Grafana that is avalible on the SnapLogic Snaplex Dashboard v202206 | Grafana Labs seems to be outdated, it would be nice if it could be updated to scale with the latest version of kubernetes.

AnetaTrajkovska
New Contributor

Hello @mbowen and @Igor_Bozhinovski ,

I`m having the same problem on AWS EKS cluster with the custom metrics API, using the same configuration files as above.

Also I`m getting empty response in the resources field, the custom metrics are not registered in the custom API.

mbowen
Employee
Employee

@Igor_Bozhinovski @AnetaTrajkovska
Thank you for the information. Iโ€™ve passed information along to our K8 team.