cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Load .xlxb workbook with multiple sheets to oracle table. Load only one or specific sheet data only

Siva_Venna
Contributor

I have .xlsx file on remote server. My requirement is to load the file content into an oracle table.
Any help is appreciable, Thanks in advance.

14 REPLIES 14

sriram
Former Employee

The easiest way to do this is to use a combination of these Snaps:

File Reader > Excel Parser/Formatter > Oracle Insert

The File Reader Snap supports reading data from a variety of remote systems.

The Oracle Insert Snap can be used to load data from the upstream source into the Oracle table. Alternatively, for bulk data loading requirements, you could use the Oracle Bulk Load Snap

Thank you sriram.
I have gone through parameters of File reader snap, it supports different protocols but I had below query:
a) server path I am accessing is like : \\Rsc.aaaa.com\rdrive\D00\AllDept\SHARED\ComRead\MA\2018
in the snap Settings >File syntax is - ftp:// โ€œpathโ€
I am giving as ftp:\\Rsc.aaaa.com\rdrive\D00\RRRRRR\SHARED\ComRead\MA\2018
the snap is throwing error.
b) There are many files in that path, I want to read only a single file and the name of file is dynamic(changes periodically but will have a specific pattern). I donโ€™t find an option in the file reader snap to mention file name, please suggest on this

Are you attempting to access resources from an FTP server that has been mounted on a Windows server? And, is the error about authentication / connection failure? If yes, you will have to create a โ€œBinary > Basic Authโ€ account and reference it in the File Reader Snap.

Thanks sriram, I have modified my query.
I am able to read the file using File reader snap, but I am unable to read the contents of document.Capture

my required file is in tab- โ€œcontent-dispositionโ€
Please guide how to fetch the document further and extract data from specific sheet of the workbook.As you have mentioned , I tried connecting excel parser/formatter to file reader snap but couldnโ€™t as there is mismatch on type of snaps.