cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mapper Snap: Valid Column Names In Input Schema Give "Undefined" Error

JPaps
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am experiencing an issue where I have a Mapper Snap that gives the error: $[FieldName] is undefined when I input a field name in the expression box.

The fields that I am using are inside the input schema of the mapper snap (I have dragged and dropped) so I know that the fields are valid. I have tried refreshing the page, restarting my browser and clearing cache to eliminate the possibility of it being a browser issue.

Does anyone know what could be the cause of this problem?

9 REPLIES 9

cjhoward18
Employee
Employee

The schema introspection is done on the first document readโ€ฆDo later documents not have this field present?

JPaps
New Contributor III

Thanks for your help, later documents have this field present. I have a fixed width formatter snap in front of the problematic mapper that uses the field. I have noticed that in the mapper, the field name is: $[โ€˜field-nameโ€™] (with brackets and quotes) and in the fixed width formatter, the field name is: $field-name (without brackets and quotes). The fixed width formatter snap works (i have confirmed this by running it) but the mapper before it doesnโ€™t. Could this be related to the issue? I will attempt to change the filed names in the mapper to the field without quotes and brackets even though SnapLogic generates the field this way on drag and drop

Can you capture some sample input to post here, and a snapshot of your snaps configs so we can reproduce what youโ€™re seeing?

Use the </> icon in the editor to post JSON.