Created by @asharifian, SnapLogic
This pattern illustrates the upsert of customer account details from Dynamics 365 - Finance & Operations to Salesforce. Key points:
- API’s utilizing the data management framework from Dynamics 365 - Finance & Operations are utilized for this integration. Specifically, triggering the export project in Dynamics 365 - Finance & Operations and retrieving the generated export data from Dynamics 365 - Finance & Operations.
- The Dynamics 365 - Finance & Operations bulk export feature is used.
- The pipeline will first trigger an export in Dynamics 365 - Finance & Operations, then generate the exported data (as binary via the output view of the second bulk export snap).
- The exported data is generated as a zip file.
- The zip file is decompressed and its data streamed through to be upserted to Salesforce.
- The past 200 exports execution ID’s are stored for logging. The execution ID can be used to re-generate the export from 365 - Finance & Operations.
A bulk export project in Dynamics 365 - Finance & Operations would need to be created for the entity being used in the pipeline. In the case of this pattern, Customers.
In addition, the Bulk Export outputs a different data type when one result is returned vs more than one (an object for a single record and an array for more than one). That is why this pattern has a router to differentiate and handle the two data types.
Sources: Dynamics 365 - Finance & Operations Customers
Targets: Salesforce Account
Snaps used: REST Post, Join, Copy, Mapper, File Reader, JSON Parser, Head
JSON Formatter, File Writer, ZipFile Read, Binary to Document, Document to Binary, XML Parser, Router, Union, Filter, Salesforce Upsert