cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No output preview after sort snap

Chris01
New Contributor

Hi
I am a new to snaplogic and I am trying to build a pipeline to load data from one salesforce to another salesforce.

However, when I try to validate the pipeline, only first two snaps: salesforce read and mapper14 turned to green while I still can see output data for the following couple of snaps. However, there is no data output for sorts,

Since there is no error message, I have no idea how to solve this.
InkedCapture_LI

By the way, sometime I cannot get output data from second salesforce read. There is a configuration in where clause: โ€œNumber='โ€+$PersonalNumber+โ€œ'โ€. $PersonalNumber exists in the previous mapper14 while Number is the API name in target salesforce system. I have checked the related data in both salesforce systems and there are matching values. But after I validate the pipeline, sometime I can get the output after the second salesforce reader snap while sometime I cannot.

Thank you for your help in advance. I really appreciate it!

4 REPLIES 4

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@Chris01

Regarding the Sort Snap(no output documents), the first thing that comes to my mind is the โ€œSnap Execution Typeโ€. Please ensure that while validating, the execution type is โ€œValidate & Executeโ€:

Regarding, querying from Salesforce(by PersonalNumber). On validation mode, the pipeline will work with the first 2000 records(by default), and even the data is matching between the Salesforce instances, it looks like there is no matching records in the first 2000 records. So, you should try with executing the pipeline(not validating).

Regards,
Spiro Taleski

Hi Spiro
Thank you so much for your reply.

Regarding no output documents for Sort Snap, I have checked the snap and the execution type is "Validate & Execute. I am wondering if there is any other reasons may cause this?

As for the querying from Salesforce, in validating mode, if I cannot get output from Salesforce Read and I would like apply a mapper after that. Is there anyway to automatically get input schema for the mapper or I have to do it manually as there is no output document for the previous Salesforce Read snap?

In the meanwhile, I am stuck in this no output problem for a while. For example, there are couple of mappers in my pipeline, sometime I am unable to get output document from one of these mapper snap. I have checked settings, ensuring the execution type is โ€œValidate & Executeโ€ and also check โ€œNull-safe accessโ€ box. There is no error message, thus, I have no idea about how to fix this.

I really appreciate your help. Thank you so much!

Best regards
Chris

Iโ€™m not sure whatโ€™s going on but one thing to try is holding the Shift key when you click the Validate icon. That disables any use of cached output from previous validations, which can sometimes cause unexpected behavior.

Hi Patrick

Thanks for your reply. It does work!