cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Parent/child pipeline execute

ryan
New Contributor

Objective:
Create a parent/child pipeline, where the parent pipeline calls the child pipeline once for every group/list/document of parameters set up in parent to dynamically change the childโ€™s parameters for each run.

Example Concept:
parent pipeline with csv/json generator to create parameter sets >>> parent pipeline execute the child pipeline with param set1 >>> child pipeline runs with param from set 1 >>> parent pipeline execute the child pipeline with param set 2 >>>child pipeline runs with param from set 2 >>> parent pipeline execute the child pipeline with param set 3 >>> child pipeline runs with param from set 3โ€ฆetc

Questions/Observations:

1. pipeline failed for open output snap. Actions: closed all input/output in child
  2. pipeline failed for null parameter. Actions: None yet
  3. a. Docs say โ€˜โ€™ should prefix param values. Actions: No change in failure after 'โ€™ prefixed
    b. Docs say โ€˜zโ€™ should prefix child pipeline name: Action: No change in failure after โ€˜zโ€™ prefixed
  4. Docs say dont use Rest get to trigger child if you dont have to. Case when needed would be if param string too long? Actions: None yet, but i do have a parameter of 250 characters. No doc info on what is too long.
  5. Should Rest api trigger child in the case?
  6. Should there be a pipeline execute snap for each param set or can 1 be used?
  7. Should params be set in child pipeline properties too?
  8. Examples would be helpful.

Parent:
Child:

Furthermore: As you can see from child pipeline there is a snap connector that has a 17 appearing for unknown reasons and not connected to anything. No error from this though because the execution hasnt made it to that point so I am unsure if that would even matter but seems a bit random as I did not add it.

0 REPLIES 0