cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Passing dynamic value to pipeline

akshay_patil218
New Contributor

Hi Team,

I have design a pipeline, and the pipeline has the same functionality as my other 3 pipelines.
only difference is the source and target path from where my pipeline needs to read and write data is different.

can the source and target path value be given dynamically so that single pipeline can achieve the functionality of 3 pipeline instead of creating 3 pipeline with different source and target value.

4 REPLIES 4

kchaitanya
Employee
Employee

Hi,
you could set up the source and destination paths as pipeline parameters and use a trigger task to run the pipeline, dynamic values can be passed to pipeline parameters as query parameters in the triggered task url

can u share a reference mapping

kchaitanya
Employee
Employee

you could set up the source and destination as pipeline parameters and use them in a snap like the below screenshot:

rest

create a triggered task for the pipeline:

task

use the triggered task url like this with your dynamic values:

https://elastic.snaplogic.com/api/1/rest/slsched/feed/<Org Name>/<Project Space Name>/<Project Name>/<Task Name>?source=<Source Value>&destination=<Destination Value>

jhagist
New Contributor III

If you want something a bit less dynamic you could store the variables in a library that could be called from the pipeline. Often time just store it in an array and burst it into child pipelines for processing.