cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read/download files from Google Drive

skodali
New Contributor III

I’m trying to read/download a CSV file from google drive. I’m able to get the web content link but unable to download the file using it. Can anyone suggest how to download a file using the REST Get?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cstewart
Former Employee

It looks like it is returning CSV data, you need to change the “Response Entity Type” to TEXT or BINARY.
It is trying to interpret the result as JSON or XML…

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

cstewart
Former Employee

Any reason yopu are using REST Get? If you have an HTTP URI, then why not use the File Reader with the URI, which then feeds into the CSV parser?

skodali
New Contributor III

I have tried using a File Reader snap, it didn’t work.Don’t we need to pass authentication to download the file from a google drive?
If I try to open URI in a new tab it is asking for the gmail credentials. If I logged in then the file is downloading. I can’t provide any credentials if I use file reader.

Google Docs is not the same as Google Storage. We support Google Storage in the binary snaps using the gs:// protocol. For Google Docs/Spreadsheet etc, they are made for web interaction, and not direct access to the data. Which are you attempting to use?
(It is a subtlety, so a pedantic approach is required)
Thanks.

skodali
New Contributor III

Trying to Read data from a CSV file uploaded into a Google Drive.