cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read expression library file from another Project

david_gaster
New Contributor

I’m writing a pipeline that uses Snap Metadata to validate strings in an expression library file. For this I would like to read the expression library file from a different project path. Is this possible?

A File reader has no way of parsing the .expr file…

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Supratim
Contributor III

@david.gaster
If you have access for that project you can upload /refer it from your pipeline. Click on upload option and select the project where you have .exp file.

After file read you can try parse it by json parser.

@Supratim

I think you have misunderstood my question. Let’s say you have a properties.expr file attached to a pipeline in a Project. For example, this is the path to the properties.expr file.
/Org/ProjectFolder/properties.expr

But I want to access this file from a pipeline in a different project that lives at /Org/DifferentProjectFolder/pipeline

Using a file reader to read the properties.expr file, it is not in JSON format, so a file reader to JSON parser will not work…

Refer here regarding expression library files: https://docs-snaplogic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/1438110/Expression+Libraries

@david.gaster Have you tried using ../../ProjectFolder/properties.expr?

Or you could move the file into shared folder.

@siwadon

No, my question isn’t about moving the file into the other project folder or referencing its path. Let me try to rephrase it.

Let’s say I have 50+ projects and I want to be able to dynamically read a properties file from one of those projects. Is there a way I can do that? I need to be able to actually access the functions from in those .expr files somehow.

It’s not feasible to move all 50+ files over as no one knows when they’d all be changing.