cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Read .txt file with HTML code for email body to send an email

NickE
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to configure an email sender snap which has reads the HTML code for the body of the email downstream. Currently, the HTML is in a .txt file in the groundplex, therefore I am using file reader to pick up the file but I do not know how to convert binary and then feed into the email sender snap.

Thank you very much for your help

9 REPLIES 9

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@NickE

Once you read the .txt file, try with Binary to Document Snap, setting โ€œencode or decodeโ€ to NONE.

The output from the binary to document snap will contain the content of the file(under the content field).

Regards,
Spiro Taleski

NickE
New Contributor II

Hi Spiro,

Thank you so much for you quick solution. That has successfully read the text file and outputting valid data. To read the code into the โ€˜Template bodyโ€™ section of the email sender snap, I am using $ however it output email sender is โ€˜nullโ€™

Thanks so much again

Nick

NickE
New Contributor II

Would you use a mapper after the binary to document?

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@NickE

The Binary to Document Snap apart from โ€œcontentโ€ field as an output gives additional details like โ€œcontent-typeโ€ etc. You can directly get the โ€œcontentโ€ field in the Email Sender Snap(that will not cause any issues). But if you want to exclude any additional fields produced by Binary to Document Snap, then you can use mapper after binary to document, to map the necessary fields.

Regards,
Spiro Taleski