cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading and parsing multiple files from s3 bucket

amubeen
New Contributor II

Hey All,

So I’ve been able to read a single csv file from my s3 bucket, parse it with csv parser, map it, and load it into my snowflake DB with some additional join logic. However, what I need to do now is repeat this multiple times for multiple files in the s3 bucket.

Ie, s3 bucket has 3 files. for each file, it would go through this same process

I’ve tried using the multi file reader but not sure how to make it go through all the files? Or does it do it automatically. It works if I have only a single file in my s3 bucket, just need it to work for all the files now. Not sure if the parsers/mappers will automatically run for multiple files

Here is my pipeline setup
snaplogic

4 REPLIES 4

bojanvelevski
Valued Contributor

Hey @amubeen,

I think you’re on the right track here. I would go with Directory browser first, to get a list of files that you want to process, than a File Reader to actually read the files. The file reader will be called as many times as there is files in that directory.

In your case, I think it’s safe to keep everything on the same level. For other cases, where you need to store separate files, the way you are reading them, than you should use pipeline execute.

Let us know if you need more help,
Regards,
Bojan

Would I use a single file reader in that case or a multi file reader? Wasn’t sure about what the difference was

Single. But because directory browser will produce multiple documents, the file reader will be called as many times as there will be documents on input.

@amubeen hi… if you want to use Multi File Reader , you can config like below. But make sure all of your file should adhere same format (same set of header) else record can be mismatched. You can use filename convention in wildcard set.