cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reference Implementation - Integration Pattern - On-Prem Database to Cloud Datawarehouse

pkona
Former Employee

This is a common integration patterns that customers tend to use as they are moving from on-prem to cloud.

The following videos describe this integration pattern and the attached reference implementation pipelines help you get a head start on the implementation.

Part 1

Part 2

Pipelines Attached

The pipeline moves all the tables from an Oracle database to Redshift. The pipelines are designed to use our best practices like parameterization of all aspects of the pipeline (eg. account names , db names, table names). All are dynamic and controlled via pipeline parameters.

Source: Oracle Tables
Target: Redshift Tables
Snaps used:

• Step 1: Oracle - Table List, Filter, Oracle - Execute, Mapper, Pipeline Execute
  • Step 2: Mapper, Redshift - Execute, Router, Join, Oracle - Select, Shard Offsets*, Redshift - Bulk Load, Pipeline Execute, Exit, Union
  • Step 3: Mapper, Oracle - Select, Redshift - Bulk Load, Exit

*This is a Snap developed by the SnapLogic Professional Services team.

Downloads

Pattern 1 - Step 1.0 - Oracle to Redshift Parent_2018_06_25.slp (9.4 KB)
Pattern 1 - Step 1.1 - Oracle to Redshift No Shredding_2018_06_25.slp (20.9 KB)
Pattern 1 - Step 1.2 - Oracle to Redshift Shred_2018_06_25.slp (7.7 KB)

8 REPLIES 8

tbroatch
New Contributor

Like your pattern for the sharding, I have had to implement something similar. Your example pipelines calls the shard table snap. Non existent in my environment - wondering if this is generally available or is it custom?

Thanks

Shard offsets was created by our Professional Services team. Talk with you account manager for information about availability.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

srivera
New Contributor II

Iโ€™m trying to make this pattern work for MSSQL to Snowflake. Do you have a working implementation to Snowflake. I cannot seem to get the bulk load to work from the MSSQL->Select snap to the Snowflake Bulk Loader. Is there functionality in the Oracle bulk loader that this needed for this pattern?

Lastly, I can make this work if I have a specific mapper and bulk loader for each table but that seems like a lot of redundant work (100+ tables worth).

Let me know.

pkona
Former Employee

The oracle extract uses the limit offset to help with shrading the data. If you plan to ignore shrading the data then you can easily convert the existing pattern to support MSSQL and target as Snowflakeโ€ฆ Set shrading as no in the pipeline parameters on the master pipeline.

Here is an example of a pattern that might also help that gets files on s3 and insert into snowflake .