cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Remote file renaming/moving

sg_sripathi
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have a requirement to push a file to SFTP server. But since the file is quite large and to avoid race condition (we writing and remote function reading at the same time) we like to write the file with different extension or to a temp folder in remote server and them rename or move the file at the server.

None for the File snaps support these feature. Could you please help me identify a way around to address above problem.

13 REPLIES 13

aleung
Contributor III

This would be a great enhancement request. Move function for all Files related snap (e.g. File and Box snaps)

sg_sripathi
New Contributor III

I agree. Box has move function available through โ€œBox File Operationโ€ snap. But for SFTP, S3 and others we do not have dedicated snap which makes it difficult. One option as I mentioned below is to provide a check box for File Writer snap to write .temp file while uploading and rename to original filename once uploaded.

yes and no. Couldnโ€™t it perform rename if the account is SFTP and mv (for move) if account is S3?

Yes I too facing the same. It will be great if we have separate snap for (SFTP/FTP/File writer) or any options for file copy/move operation like โ€œBox File Operationsโ€.

Looking the same and waiting for enhancements.