cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST Post Trying To Send a CSV File

steven_rossi
New Contributor II

restful_post_example.docx (314.4 KB)

Hello Everyone. I am brand new to SnapLogic as well as brand new to RESTful API’s so please bear with me and not make fun of me too much. 🙂

I attached a document to help visualize what I am trying to do. I am just trying to do a proof of concept for a project using the REST Post snap to upload a CSV file but I cant get it to work and I was wondering if someone might be able to help point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for your kind help!

Steve

7 REPLIES 7

psadasivam
New Contributor III

@steven_rossi, When equal sign is toggled ,snapLogic treats the value as expression and validates. In your case if the REST url is static try disabling expression by clicking on equal sign and execute the pipeline.

steven_rossi
New Contributor II

Thank you kindly for replying. I toggled off the = on the Service URL and that seem to move me at least to the next error that I am getting, which is:

Name may not be null
Resolution
Please raise a defect with the following information, Pipeline Ruuid:f3729f84-ec0b-4f50-88f9-874504110774

@steven_rossi,Can you try same for query parameter value and remove empty header parameter ?

steven_rossi
New Contributor II

Thanks. I ended up deleting the Snap and adding it back making sure to set everything as you described. I am not receiving any errors now with the snap itself I am just not getting the results I am expecting when it runs. Its not actually creating a user when I look it up on the other system.

How I have it set now that the Rest POST doesnt error and the JSON Output

I am not getting any error back or something informative in my JSON Formatter to help me identify any issues. Is this the correct way for me to be checking this, is by way of the JSON Formatter (I know the API is supposed to return JSON)?

I think at this point my issue is related to the other system so I will be following up with them as well to see if I can identify my issue. Am I missing something else?

Thanks,
Steve