cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling groundplexes - what does the topology look like

omair
Contributor

Hi,

I’m looking for documentation that explains the options around scaling groundplexes horizontally by adding more nodes to a groundplex for a setup that processes snaplogic ultra tasks.

Right now, we have a single feedmaster node and a single groundplex node and we’re trying to understand what the topology would look like if we wanted to scale the setup horizontally.

Questions that we have include:

1. Do we need to add a load-balancer …? Would the load-balancer be added just to the feedmaster or to the groundplexes as well?
  2. Would we be adding more nodes just to the feedmaster? To the groundplex? to both?
  3. What is the relationship between a feedmaster and a groundplex? is it 1-1 or 1-many or many-many?

If possible, an image similar to one on this post I found would be helpful…
[ Snaplogic Triggered Task using an OnPremises URL through Load Balanced Groundplex Nodes](Snaplogic Triggered Task using an OnPremises URL through Load Balanced Groundplex Nodes)

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

christwr
Contributor III

My understanding:

1. You would want an F5 in front of the Feedmaster nodes for ultra API triggered tasks, and probably an F5 in front of the regular nodes too for regular (non-ultra) API triggered tasks (not going through the feedmaster) if applicable.

2. For HA/FT in PROD you probably want at least two of everything (in each DC, if applicable)

3. Think 1-to-many, so they would each scale somewhat independently.