cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Securing exposed API endpoint for triggered task

dwhansen-cbg
Contributor

It is my understanding that when we create a Triggered Task for a pipeline there are only two ways of securing the API endpoint, 1) the bearer token and 2) basic authentication in the endpoint URL as a parameter.

I know others that use SnapLogic that have had their triggered tasks hacked (via figuring out the bearer token) and pipelines have been kicked off by people that werenโ€™t authorized. My question is this: how can we add additional security to the Triggered Task API endpoint?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

christwr
Contributor III

Like who? I assume folks who didnโ€™t keep the bearer token private, or changed it to something badโ€ฆ

A few ways to add โ€œextraโ€ security to triggered tasks:

• IP whitelisting (Access Control)
  • Front the triggered task with an API Gateway (that handles the auth switching)
  • Add some other checker logic to your triggered pipeline (JWT, etc.)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

christwr
Contributor III

Like who? I assume folks who didnโ€™t keep the bearer token private, or changed it to something badโ€ฆ

A few ways to add โ€œextraโ€ security to triggered tasks:

• IP whitelisting (Access Control)
  • Front the triggered task with an API Gateway (that handles the auth switching)
  • Add some other checker logic to your triggered pipeline (JWT, etc.)

I wonโ€™t say who it happened to, but I know the company he works for has had an issue in the past and I would like to avoid it at my company.

@christwr thank you for your suggestions! These are all great suggestions and we will probably employ IP whitelisting and an API gateway to lock things down a little more. Thanks!