cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Simple document viewer during testing

dwhansen-cbg
Contributor

I was wondering if there is a simple way of viewing documents made it down a certain path during testing of a pipeline. I know that I can view how many documents flow in and out of a Snap using the statistics viewer, but Iโ€™d like to actually see the documents. Is there a quick file writer or something like that that could help? Is it possible to stop a pipeline at a certain step for debugging purposes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It works on a subset of data (default is 50 documents, but configurable to some degree by the admin), so if the data is changing, what displays in preview will change as well.

As for stopping a pipeline, you should be able to edit a Snap and set Snap execution to Disabled which would stop the pipeline at that Snap (assuming a linear pipeline).

Diane Miller
Community Manager

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

Have you used the preview feature? When you validate a pipeline, the circle between two Snaps gets a document icon; click that to preview the data that is passing through to the other Snap.
Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 2.21.37 PM

Diane Miller
Community Manager

dwhansen-cbg
Contributor

Yes, but unfortunately those donโ€™t work consistently throughout my pipelines. Sometimes they stop at Join snaps, sometimes after inserts, sometimes at other times. I just tried a simple CSV formatter with a File Writer and that seemed to work. Ideally the preview feature would always work, but it doesnโ€™t.

It works on a subset of data (default is 50 documents, but configurable to some degree by the admin), so if the data is changing, what displays in preview will change as well.

As for stopping a pipeline, you should be able to edit a Snap and set Snap execution to Disabled which would stop the pipeline at that Snap (assuming a linear pipeline).

Diane Miller
Community Manager

dwhansen-cbg
Contributor

@dmiller how can I change the default of 50 documents? Iโ€™ve looked on the Manager Dashboard and havenโ€™t seen anything there.

If i disable a snap in the middle of a pipeline, do I need to disable subsequent snaps, too?