cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Snaplogic Metadata Pipeline

aig8355
New Contributor

Hi ,

Can you help me to design a pipeline to do unit testing for a project in dev organization and need to push this project to git hub dev branch. And need to pull the changes from dev branch to the project in QA organization.

Regards,
Achyuth G.

3 REPLIES 3

tlikarish
Employee
Employee

This is kind of a big topic and there are various approaches you could take. Iโ€™ll give you some pointers to try and help you get started.

A fellow Snaplogician wrote up a high level description of what his team does for CI/CD in a blog post this month and that might be a good starting point. He doesnโ€™t go into too many details, but describes how the CI/CD flows works for a no code solution like ours.

In terms of unit testing, Iโ€™ve built some pipelines that do unit testing using this form.

I set up the expected input in the JSON Generator, call the pipeline under test in the Pipeline Execute snap, then check the expected output using some kind of filter/mapper/etc.

There is also a beta feature called Automated Regression Testing that could be used for more functional/integration/regression test cases.

To integrate with Github you can check out the Github Integration capabilities.

Hope that helps you get started and let us know how it goes.

Actually

1. I need a pipeline to take the asset types (File, Account, Pipeline, Job) from one organization like dev and push to the GIT HUB repo dev branch.

2. From GIT HUB dev branch need to pull those assets to the QA environment project space.

3. What snap need to use to push assets(org/ project space/ project) to the GIT hub and how to pull those changes to new environment (QA).

All these need to be done in a snaplogic Designer using snaplogic metadata snaps.

Using Snaplogic Read I can read the assets and using snaplogic create I can create assets in destination. But need to know how to do it everything by executing Pipeline.

Take a look at Using Github as a code repository for SnapLogic artifacts - #3 by Bhavin and see if it might help. Note that itโ€™s a couple years old and Bhavin is no longer in the Community, but I donโ€™t think things have changed that much.

Diane Miller
Community Manager