cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Snaps execution in pipeline

Siva_Venna
Contributor

I ran into a typical scenario where snaps are not executing in the order they are supposed,below is the screenshot shows the order snaps are being executed. need help me to resolve this.Thanks full_incremntl_sql_2020_09_28.slp (13.7 KB)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@lazo.ilijoski
Probably order of execution of the unconnected snaps/streams depends on the order of creation of the starting snaps in the pipeline - I think execution is not based on order of creation if so my pipeline would have executed as expected. Anyways itโ€™s good to have snaps connected to avoid this kind of issues. will consider your suggestion.Thank you

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

lazo_ilijoski
New Contributor III

Hi @Siva_Venna,

The snaps Oracle-Insert and Oracle-Select1 are not connected (connector is white, instead of blue), and thatโ€™s why the order of the execution of the snaps is not as expectd.

Regards,
Lazo

Hi @lazo.ilijoski
in my pipeline the snap left unconnected intentionally, prior to this pipeline I have designed another pipeline as you see below, in this also I have an unconnected snap but it is working as expected for me!

lazo_ilijoski
New Contributor III

Hi @Siva_Venna,

Probably order of execution of the unconnected snaps/streams depends on the order of creation of the starting snaps in the pipeline. Since, the order of the executions cannot be guaranteed and if you want to guarantee the order of executions, then I suggest all snaps to be connected by using copy/router or any other appropriate snap.

Regards,
Lazo

@lazo.ilijoski
Probably order of execution of the unconnected snaps/streams depends on the order of creation of the starting snaps in the pipeline - I think execution is not based on order of creation if so my pipeline would have executed as expected. Anyways itโ€™s good to have snaps connected to avoid this kind of issues. will consider your suggestion.Thank you