cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Snowflake Bulk Load

venkat
New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to use Snowflake bulk load snap to read data from external S3 location and load into the snowflake table.
here the challenge is that. Under the Snowflake account, I have mentioned the external bucket name and provided keys. but when am running the pipeline I see that 0 records loaded.

Note:- Snowflake is on the AWS account, data is on another AWS account. If I use the S3 file reader snap. am able to see the data

Can anyone help me with this?

Error:-

Bulk load snap settings:-

9 REPLIES 9

smanoharan
Employee
Employee

@venkat
I would be interested to see if there are any command executed on the Snowflake History Console after executing the Bulk Load Snap. I understand that 0 records are loaded but the pipeline did not fail from your screenshot, let me know if that is the case.

I will also interested to see if you can use the s3 file reader as an upstream snap to Snowflake Bulk load, having the data source as input view. The second option will be very slow but will be good to know if there are data issues involved.

Yes, pipeline ran successfully but data is not loaded. I am able to load data into table using s3 read and then snowflake insert snap which i am trying to avoid .

As per the Snowflake History:-

After reading the data from s3 read, Instead of Snowflake Insert Snap, you can use the Snowflake Bulk Load Snap and select the Data Source as Input view. I would like to know if the Bulk Load snap is able to process that data.

Seems like the History doesnโ€™t have any bulk api executions (โ€œcopy intoโ€). can you attach your pipelines after removing the sensitive data.

I took a look at the pipeline. The root cause of the issue seems to be the case sensitivity of the column headers. Can you sync up with the support contact, Eric on this.