cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Snowflake SCD2 - Joda Time Validation Failure

cew657
New Contributor

I am trying to set up a slowly changing dimension process in Snaplogic using the Snowflake SCD2 snap. This process will read a file on a daily basis and provide historical data based on the status the record is currently in for that dayโ€™s run (I.E. Open, Reviewed, Pending, Closed, etc) so we can determine the number of days the record is in each of the statuses.

I have added the columns the SCD process needs to store the historical information. I have the Snaplogic pipe line set up using the Snowflake SCD snap connecting to the Snowflake Azure DB account.

When I process the first file, everything works and the data is loaded to the table as I expect.

When I try to process another file, I am receiving the below error message and the pipeline will not validate. Does anybody know what this error is trying to tell me? I set up the SCD2 snap based on Snaplogic documentation.

The Start and End Date calculation is just current date that I am converting to Eastern time.

In reviewing the error message, I am not seeing any indication on the Start and End Time using any components of the joda time. The Auto Historization query is based on the LAST_CASE_UPDATE which is the date the status changes. This field is defined as Timestamp_NTZ(0).

ERROR:
Failure: Failed to close database cursor connection., Reason: class java.lang.String cannot be cast to class org.joda.time.DateTime (java.lang.String is in module java.base of loader โ€˜bootstrapโ€™; org.joda.time.DateTime is in unnamed module of loader java.net.FactoryURLClassLoader @701fc37a), Resolution: Please ensure the database can still be accessed.

FAILED VALIDATION:
SCD2_Failed_Validation

SCD FIELDS:
SCD2_Fields

Snowflake Table
Snowflake_table

Start and End Date field
Date.now().toLocaleDateTimeString({โ€œtimeZoneโ€:โ€œUS/Easternโ€,โ€œformatโ€:โ€œyyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ssโ€})

0 REPLIES 0