cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap Execute snap - Account creds in header

jamesv
New Contributor II

I’m building a custom SOAP Execute snap to replace Netsuite snaps to work around a limitation with custom fields in Netsuite snaps that require fields entered to not be null.

I’ve modeled my SOAP envelope after the request that gets logged when I call the Netsuite Update snap, which seems like a good option to handle this, but I don’t seem to be able to authenticate using the attached account.

Is there a way to refer to an Account’s credentials in the SOAP envelope that I can use here? I have a basic SOAP auth account hooked up to the snap but it sure doesn’t seem to want to use it.

EDIT: Just to be clear, manually adding the email and password in the passport is working fine, but is not productionizable for hopefully obvious reason

18 PM

21 REPLIES 21

jamesv
New Contributor II

I worked with Snaplogic support to solve this, shout out to Mina!

I basically just set up a simple AES encryption passport as an account, encrypted a file and saved it to the specific project to limit permissions, and set up the pipeline to join in the password so everything stays in memory only.

Unfortunately this still logs the password with the SOAP request, but we consider this a good enough solution that avoids storing the password directly in the definition of the pipeline! If anyone has a tip on how to obfuscate the password in the logs that’d be rad to hear but for now this problem is effectively solved.

Jagdish_Manikon
New Contributor

Hi James,

Did you set up the soap snap with the token based credentials inorder to connect to NetSuite ?

Unfortunately, using token based authentication with SOAP Execute is infeasible due to the complexity and time-based nature of that form of authentication. You’re limited to credentials-based authentication with SOAP Execute and NetSuite.

When i am trying to use the credential based authentication it asking me for a two factor authentication if i make my roles less then it prompting with insufficient permissions.

I am really finding hard time to connect with credential based authentication