cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

State Department Per Diem Rates to Workday Import Expense Rate Table

epearson
New Contributor III

Pipeline sample that grabs per diem rate data from State Department website and imports it into Workday Rate Tables. It gets a little complex as far as the data mapping and filters, but cuts down on tedious manual maintenance of these tables. We run this once a month. There is definitely room for improvement like adding some validation checks. One big issue is that the import is all or nothing; if a single record doesnโ€™t match between the State Dept. spreadsheet and Workday, it fails. Also, the Workday call itself always returns as if it succeeded, so you have to do a search for โ€˜import expense rate tableโ€™ in Workday to see if and what any errors are.

You will likely have to play around with the mapping and filters to get the Excel data to match the Spend_Data_ID fields for locations in Workday. And the State Dept adds a new location every couple months which will cause the integration to fail unless you enter the new location in Workday.

So, not perfect, but certainly saves HR a few steps.

Erik Pearson
Senior Software Engineer
Bowdoin College

HR_PerDiemRates_HR_Import.zip (7.8 KB)

4 REPLIES 4

rsharma2
New Contributor II

Hi- I am unable o upload this file to SnapLogic. Is it slp file?

It is an exported project containing multiple pipelines.
For me, it's created a project called 4b5b0ed2033da25b371041ded2479132bc010a5e

Diane Miller
Community Manager

rsharma2
New Contributor II

So helpful. Thank you. Did this pipeline work for you or did you have to tweak it?

I did not try to run it.

Diane Miller
Community Manager