cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

String data, right truncation Error while loading data from Snowflake to SQLserver

mohit
New Contributor

Hi guys,

I am trying to load the data from Snowflake to SQL server with the use of SQL Server Bulk load snap and I am using BCP too in that snap. But I am facing the ‘String data, right truncation’ Error.The Max length of the source column is varchar(1000). I changed the Length of column on destination to ‘TEXT’ which is maximum. But still I am facing the issue.

Can Anyone help.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

fmdf
New Contributor III

I am getting the same error but only on one of my pipelines that is using it.

I can’t tell which column is failing because it just says “Column 9”. I can’t see the data because it says Row 2393 and I don’t know how to get to that row to debug.

Did you ever figure this out?
Can Anyone help.

Thanks

mohit
New Contributor

Hi @fmdf

I resolved the issue by increasing the length of column in table. It is saying “Column 9”, then you just have to go and get the ddl of table and check which column is there at 9th position and then increase the length of column.
In my case I was facing this issue bcoz snowflake handles both Unicode and non Unicode characters with Varchar but in sql server for Unicode you have to give nvarchar. So lets say if you have column length is varchar(100) in snowflake then you have to give nvarchar(100) or more than that. Please try this if it helps.