To check if matching records have different value in other column

Hi there,

I have 2 excels fiels, source and destination. each one has 3 columns, Id, Quantity, last modified date. I need to find if there’s a matching record by Id but has different values in Quantity, then use record that has different value to update the destination. If the values are matching then I need to ignore.

can any one point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Manohar

Hey @manohar,

You can try and use the Diff snap for this purpose.

Regards,
Bojan

Hi @bojanvelevski , thank you for that. do you have sample pipeline with that snap?

thanks
Manohar

Hi @bojanvelevski , I was able to see how diff snap works. in my case there’s a scenario where Quantity is not changed but Last Modified Date is changed. how can I filter the one where Quantity is the modified one?

Also I need to compare 2 other files where the original file has another Id column called External Id. I need to apply similar logic plus need to pull in the External Id from the Original File.

Any directions?

thanks
Manohar

You can work on some logic here. If you add “last_modified” as a sorting path, along with the “id”, you’ll get the following scenarios:

1. When id is matched, last_modified is the same, and quantity differs, you’ll get the modified record in “Modified” output.
  2. When id is matched, last_modified differs, and quantity is the same, you’ll get the result from source as a “Deletion” and data from Destination as a “Insertion”

From there you can arrange the flow per your needs.

I hope you’ll find this helpful,
Regards,
Bojan

1 Like