cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update STATE of the pipeline

vyasyash
New Contributor III

Hi all,

We’re planning to leverage publicly exposed Monitoring API to replay the failed messages (based on the State of the pipeline). The challenge we’re facing is, we’re not able to figure out how to update the STATE from ‘FAILED’ to ‘COMPLETED’. Per documentation, SnapLogic has not exposed the POST method to overwrite/update any of the attribute available in Monitoring API.

Any pointers to resolve this will be highly appreciated.

Best,
YV

7 REPLIES 7

dippradhan
New Contributor

You can design your pipeline to make it look like completed.

vyasyash
New Contributor III

Hey Pradhan,

What I understood from your response is, replay service pipeline should be designed in such a way that after its successful execution it’s state is marked as ‘COMPLETE’. If that’s what you’re trying to say then it’ll not solve my problem.

Basically, after successful replay of the failed interface pipeline, we want to update it’s status as COMPLETED so that it’s not picked up in the next run of replay service pipeline. And currently we’re not able to find any mechanism to update the state of a pipeline.

Best,
YV

We check pipeline status via API call to Snaplogic Cloud API. I do not think you can change the status of a pipeline there.

“after successful replay of the failed interface pipeline, we want to update it’s status as COMPLETED”
doe this mean you are doign folloing steps?

1. pipeline failed int he first run
  2. pipeline completed successfully in second run
  3. Now you want the status to be changes from failed to Completed ?

–please correct me if there are additional step you are expecting to be completed.

vyasyash
New Contributor III

Actually we’re designing a replay utility, which in case of pipeline failure (message not delivered because of connection issue, target system is down because of planned outage etc.) will pick the document data (message payload) from DB and will reply the it through the pipeline.

So far we’re not able to confirm if SnapLogic will generate a fresh runid/instance id for the pipeline execution because of replay. If it’s a new runid with pipeline status as COMPLETED, the problem is we don’t have means to either update the status of original ‘FAILED’ pipeline or update the runid to use the one for the failed one.

Hope this will help to explain the situation better.

Best,
YV