cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wait in the parent pipeline till all the documents are processed in the child pipelines

aprabhav
New Contributor III

I need to load tables in postgres db. I receive the data as csv files (one each for each table). Some of the tables are master data tables and the other are transaction data tables. The transaction data tables have foreign key relationship with the master data tables. Hence while uploading the data to DB, I need to make sure that the master data tables are updated first before updating the transaction data tables. However, I would like to avail the parallel processing (using child pipelines) while updating the master data tables (there are multiple master data tables that donโ€™t have dependencies amongst themselves). Once all the master data tables are updated then I would like to start another parallel processing flow for updating multiple transaction data tables.

Please let me know the ways to achieve this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aprabhav
New Contributor III

Thanks a lot, Pero. This helped and it worked. Thanks again!!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pmancevski
New Contributor III

Hi @aprabhav,

There are couple of ways to achieve this and also Iโ€™m assuming that in the child pipeline you have some separate logic for transaction data and you can know which one has dependency. Fastest solution i can think of is

With the router you will separate the data between master data and transaction data, โ€œGateโ€ snap will not complete executing until the execution of all upstream Snaps is done. After that in the mapper you can get only transaction data ($input1[0]), which you separate before in the router.

Thanks,
Pero M.

aprabhav
New Contributor III

Thanks a lot, Pero. This helped and it worked. Thanks again!!!