cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ZipFile Writer - Subdirectory Support

aanderson
New Contributor II

I would like to store a large number of files into a single compressed zip file and in order to help with organization I would like to group the files into nested subdirectories. I have paired a Document To Binary Snap with a ZipFile Writer Snap and by using the $content and $content-location values I am able to store multiple files in the zip file. However, when I include the directory separator character โ€œ/โ€ in the content-location value it is treated as part of the file name and escaped as "" and the directory structure is not created.

Is there a way to create directory hierarchies in zip files using the ZipFile Writer Snap?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tstack
Former Employee

Hmm, it seems to be working for me. Can you share the pipeline your testing with?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

tstack
Former Employee

Hmm, it seems to be working for me. Can you share the pipeline your testing with?

aanderson
New Contributor II

Thanks for following up on this. I created a test pipeline and I was unable to reproduce my original problem and then I adjusted my actual pipeline and subdirectories started working. Perhaps I had an illegal character or space in the full file path. In any event it is working as desired now.

Thanks!