cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call parameter in the error pipeline

pranjbhatt
New Contributor II

I am building a generic error pipeline which will load error occuring in the source pipeline and write them/load them into a database. It will load data such as label, user, etc. on which the error takes place. 

In source pipeline, within within the pipeline parameters, I have used "Error Pipeline"  feature to input the pipeline that would handle error and load the data. But after defining the "Error Pipeline Parameters" (such as pipe.label), which will act as output from the source pipeline (and input to generic pipeline), the mapper within the generic pipeline fails to receive/identify parameters from source. 

I have used _ in the mapper expression followed by key name to call them into generic pipeline, but cannot do so. Is there any other way ?

This is the source pipeline 

pranj_0-1720306549803.png

This is my error generic pipeline

pranj_1-1720306657825.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@pranjbhatt 

Every parameter that you will define in the Error Pipeline Parameters on the main pipeline will be propagated to the Error pipeline(in case of error). 

SpiroTaleski_0-1720451773295.png

If you want to do a testing/validate only on error pipeline, you should define Parameters on the Error pipeline so you will not get the error as previous: 

SpiroTaleski_1-1720451995165.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

Hi @pranjbhatt 

First, why do you set the pipe.label as the expression library? 

Second, on the generic error pipeline, I guess you are getting that error while validating the error pipeline? If you run/execute the main pipeline(not error handler), the parameter will be automatically propagated to the error handler. 

If you want to test/do a validation on the error pipeline, you need to create a pipeline parameter(pipe_label) on the error generic process. 

BR,

Spiro

OK, first part is clear

How do I call details such as pipe.label, pipe.ruuid  and snap.label directly by defining them into the error pipeline ? 

Or do I need to define in parent pipeline before calling them to error pipeline ?

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@pranjbhatt 

Every parameter that you will define in the Error Pipeline Parameters on the main pipeline will be propagated to the Error pipeline(in case of error). 

SpiroTaleski_0-1720451773295.png

If you want to do a testing/validate only on error pipeline, you should define Parameters on the Error pipeline so you will not get the error as previous: 

SpiroTaleski_1-1720451995165.png

That's great.

Is there a function that can log the Snap Statistics or map it using Mapper snap ? Details such as  CPU, Memory and Documents